The building was constructed in 1890 as a parsonage for the First Baptist Church. It served as the city's hospital from 1929 until 1948. Physicians maintained the building until 1957, and was converted into apartments after that. In the 1970's Woodfin Cole purchased the building from Dr. Reese. The building was renovated in 1988 for use for Carroll Realty and Insurance.